The invitation to a distribution list does not work
If you create an event with a distribution list, the email is sent to the group address and is not sent to the individual guests in the group.
Steps to reproduce:
- create a distribution list
- create an event with an invitation
- add an invitation and enter the name of the list created
- the invitation mail is sent to all members of the list
- the mail is not sent (it is sent to the internal address <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
From the mail server log:
Nov 16 12:01:33 wt5dev postfix/qmgr: 8DEFA58029: from=<email@example.com>, size=8388, nrcpt=1 (queue active) Nov 16 12:01:34 wt5dev postfix/smtp: 8DEFA58029: to=<firstname.lastname@example.org>, relay=
It would be useful if, opening the event in the invitation form, you would be shown the list of individual guests who were present in the distribution list
#1 Updated by Matteo Albinola almost 2 years ago
In this case i think that the real bug is that the attendees lookup includes recipient addresses coming from contacts lists, only true recipients should be listed. Event invitation logic does not support contacts lists concept, choosing a list recipient must be avoided.